Focus Areas: Family Law
Lisa M. Wilson
“I see the nicest people during what many consider to be the worst time in their lives. Each step along the way I will advise you and advocate on your behalf as we navigate the challenging legal, financial and emotional process together, so that you can reach a successful resolution and move forward in your life.”
Over her numerous years of practice, Lisa has acquired extensive experience in the fields of family law and real estate. She has handled hundreds of complex cases concerning divorce, custody, alimony, contempt actions, paternity and pre-and post-divorce matters, most of which require sophisticated financial acumen and a sensitivity to the unique nature of these highly personal matters. In addition, Lisa's practice includes negotiating a broad range of real estate transactions, drafting agreements, litigating partition actions and representing buyers, sellers and lenders throughout the Commonwealth.
During her career, Lisa has received advanced training as a mediator and conciliator, and in the innovative field of Collaborative Law. She frequently provides conciliation services to her family law colleagues seeking to resolve their client’s disputes in a cost-efficient manner. She provides mediation and collaborative law services to clients who wish to resolve their delicate and complicated legal issues without litigation and on-going involvement in the court system.
Lisa's practice includes a long history of advocating for the rights of her LGBTQ clients, representing them vigorously in all areas of family law and real estate. Lisa has skillfully and successfully navigated them through the state's evolving legal landscape, whether they are creating their own families, or ending a relationship.
She is a frequent speaker on family law matters for MCLE and the Boston Bar Association. Her skills and sound judgment have resulted in her appointment by the court to serve as a guardian ad litem, special master, discovery master, and attorney for the child in contested family law cases.
Since 2009, Lisa has been selected as one of the “Massachusetts Super Lawyers” and as one of the top lawyers in New England in the field of family law by Law and Politics and the publishers of Boston Magazine.
In 2015, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly named Lisa one of the “Top Women of Law.” In addition, she has been selected for inclusion in the annual edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” since 2016. This distinction is bestowed upon the most esteemed in the legal profession, and only recognizes the top 4% of attorneys in the country.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1988
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1989
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D. 1988
- Providence College, B.A. 1984
Memberships and Pro Bono Activities:
- Boston Bar Association:
- Former Co-chair, Family Law Section
- Member, Family Law Section Steering Committee: 2010 to present
- Boston Bar Foundation Society of Fellows
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Co-chair 2011-2012; Board Member 2005-2012
- Member, Joint Bar Committee of the MBA and BBA for Judicial Appointments: 2009-2012
- Massachusetts Bar Association:
- Mentor, MBA Tiered Mentorship Program 2012-2014
- Member, Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court
- Founding Member, American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators, (AACFL), New England Chapter, 2014
- Attorney Representing Children (ARC) Program
- Suffolk County SERV Program
- The Judge Abber we CAN Settle Initiative
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America since 2016
- Named "Top Women of Law," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly 2015
- 2015 Massachusetts Bar Association Community Service Award bestowed through the Mass LGBTQ Bar Association
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, Top Women Lawyers since 2009
- LexisNexis Practice Guide: Massachusetts Family Law, Chapter 13, Same-Sex Dissolution Issues (2016)